Saturday, May 26, 2012

Be The Sandwich

I think I should explain the lack of posts this year.

I haven't been feeling much like myself. Like I've completely changed to the point that I don't recognise myself.

Anyway, as the holidays are here, I've decided to make it a rediscovery month to sort out my thoughts.

As wise-not-grasshopper-ish-zen-garden-meditation as it sounds, it's really just me sleeping in and then hiding under the blanket with my three string ukulele. (I broke one of the strings if you're wondering skjfsaklfjalksjf.)

But I promised myself no labels. No putting labels on myself.

So I can be a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for one moment and then be king of a non-existent country.

There is a lot of things that has happened this month actually. I got to watch The Avengers and saw lots of fascinating things and even got to watch a play in the park.

But that will all have to wait.

Oh also, I'll be having my own spin on "fashion week".

For one week, I'll be wearing clothes from my mother's closet.

Unlike most mother and daughter duos you see in magazines, my mother and I do not share the same fashion tastes.

If anything, we're complete opposites.

Nevertheless, the challenge I have come up with is to turn things I find in her closet to fit my style.

Let me warn you that my mother's clothes have the ability to make me weep.

I shall stick to the challenge and if you see a girl wearing a skirt that looks like a tea cloth in your country, that will be me!

No comments:

Post a Comment