Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Trip

The title's a play on words.

It refers to the trip I just came back from.

It also refers to the act of stumbling.

I just came back from a trip to London/Paris. If you happen to have seen a girl wearing a bright red toggle coat in these places for the past two weeks, that's probably me.

Before I get to the "Travel-y Trip-py Trip" part of this post, I'll write about the "Stumbling" part first.

I get so used to hearing people wish they were perfect.

Can I be perfect, can I just be perfect. Can I be humble and elegant and have everyone like me.

I guess you could say it's a little bit different for me.

I wish I could change my flaws instead of being "perfect" (whatever perfect is considered). I could live with not everyone liking me.

But I could also live without certain flaws.

And I just hate that I cannot change them despite being aware of them.

I have this tendency to pretend that I never need anyone to apologise to me.

That I am perfectly fine to have people walk all over me.

Instead I bottle everything up.

Then I begin hate everything and everyone.

But I can never pin things on others for long because I just feel sad and everything suddenly becomes about me and oh my god why am I so selfish.

Honestly, if I was to become a villain, I'd probably end up building a giant stage and controlling people to listen to me every single second of the day.

From the view of the villain after finally being captured by a triumphant superhero, I'll probably say something like:

I just wanted some attention. It wasn't suppose to harm anyone. I just wanted someone who could pay attention to me for more than five minutes. I  just wanted the attention.

And I won't be able to be angry for long because everytime I get angry I burst into tears which is why I do not allow myelf to get angry in public.

For this trip to London/Paris you could say I "tripped" quite a bit.

I was being ignored the whole time.

And for someone who craves the attention, I got angry really fast.

It doesn't last though because tears start falling.

I found myself running through the streets multiple times actually.

I may just be a naturally dramatic person but it felt amazing running through the streets of a country I didn't know well.

Just me, my bright red toggle coat, a subway/metro ticket and strangers.

And then I forgot who I was.

No labels, no names.

I could be anyone.

I could be someone who lived in London their whole life.

I could be a singer acting in a new music video.

I could be a teenager looking for a hat shop in Paris.

I could stop being me.

It all came crashing down when my family caught up with me.

But I did it again, and again and again throughtout the trip.

Just me, a bright red toggle coat but with pockets of unknown and made-up objects and even more strangers.

Well, on to the "trip" part of the post. It was amazing because I got to visit the different theatres in London and we don't have that many musicals going on at the same time back here! There was all sorts of people in the subway peforming too. They had put out hats and containers to collect money. There was this guy who controlled a band with "muppets" playing instruments.

I think Chong Rei would like to know that there were lots of european and even american guys breakdancing on the streets of Paris.

I even got to visit the WB Studio Tour for The Making Of Harry Potter which was absolutely fantastic!

My hotel had a lovely view of a really tiny park in which was called Norfolk Square. There are tons of these tiny parks around London.

In Paris, I got to visit the Notre Dame and there was a church choir singing during the mass. It was lovely, their voices echoing around the building.

Oh and there was this rather amusing person at the Girl Toys Section in this toy store in London. He had put on a pair of fairy wings on top of his store uniform and was singing loudly while pointing and waving what I think was a toy sparkly wand. And he was sliding and dancing across the floor!

When I got to visit the Tower of London, the man who checked our bags told me where to find the best doughnuts (The Food Hall in Harrods). I even got into an incident which I made a pickpocket annoyed with me but it wasn't intentional I promise!

But that's another story for another day.

I've got so much to write but I'll have do it another time.

Cheerios!

No comments:

Post a Comment