Monday, July 16, 2012

Too School For Cool

Before I go on tell you another story, I'll tell you this story.

So my brother is some volunteer person for a Biology Olympiad thing and he got to bring home souvenirs which is pretty cool.

Until I saw this.


To put this in simple terms, this is definitely a win.
Candy coloured like flags, yes please.


So anyway, back to the story that is related to the title. I am officially too school for cool. It has come to the point when saying "Oh My Gosh" is too hip, too trendy, too teenager-esque to be said to a homework-completing, glasses wearing girl who is forced into the "Nerd" box at first glance.
Yes, according to some, I am no longer an approved person is utter such a phrase or anything else that society associates with stereotypical teenagers.

We shall put this in a Spelling Bee contest perspective shan't we?


Host: Your phrase is "Oh My Gosh".

Contestant: Umm...how was it used?

Host: OH MY GOSH I FOUND LOOKING FOR ALASKA IN THE SCHOOL LIBRARY. WHO INTRODUCED IT, I MUST FIND THE PERSON AND HUG THEM. OH MY GOSH. OH MY GOSH.

Contestant: O-H-M-Y-G-O-S-H

Back to the point, I was stopped from celebrating the arrival of a wonderful book just because I simply used the phrase "Oh My Gosh".

The video below shows that I am allowed to be excited and happy about things despite the nerdy status I am forced to carry around. Unfortunately this does not seem to be the case in reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment