Friday, March 16, 2012

The First Post In March

I had the most brilliant idea.

So it starts like this, for our school's anniversary production, we get to dress up in some outfit of a certain occupation. I am going to wear something artsy to reflect my interest in Language and the Arts but like in a symbolic-you-don't-see-it-unless-you-see-it-in-modern-art-ways.

This is more to the language side but I am going to be a SCIENTIST!

I know it's kind of funny considering that it a scientist has a scientific job but this is where the literary part comes in.

IRONY.

The thing is I am not dressing up as a scientist but I am dressing up as IRONY.

And it is ironic because I absolutely loathe science. LIKE UGH SCIENCE.

Here I am, with the choice to dress up as anything I want, I chose something that does not represent me or my interest.

Yet, it also represents the irony commonly used in stories and things.

I AM DRESSING UP AS IRONY.

And in a way, yes, I am refusing to dress up in a certain occupation for I simply chose to call my choice of outfit "Irony".

Due to the fact that I am unable to stay on one topic for long, we shall just jump to the topic of fashion.

Simply because I feel the need to blog this.

Yesterday, I was at the bus stop when I saw this grandma sitting there.

When people look at her, most people will think she dressed in the dark or something because she's got a rainbow beaded necklace, a blouse with different shades of pink, grey trousers rolled above the ankles, purple socks with silver stripes, blue shoes and a brown satchel bag.

WELL NO BECAUSE GRANNY GAVE ME INSPIRATION.

Like, I call this Grandma-inspired Hipster Chic.

Anyway, I'm starting this bunch of sketches with the original grandma outfit and the new and improved I'm-so-hip-because-hipsters-style-but-I-don't-know-old-women-dress-like-me kind of thing. I even realised the grandma had tied her hair into a fancy bun like those in fashion magazines when they have a special hairstyle issue!

Ever since then, I've paid a little more attention to the elderly.

Especially the nice old lady who lives across me.

She smiles alot.

I don't know if I'll upload any sketches here but if I do, I will.

Because if I do it means that I "will" has already been carried out.

Also, anyone still reading this blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment