Saturday, December 24, 2011

It's Christmas!

It's finally Christmas!

Time to flail about in non-existent snow!

Anyway, it's fun facts time. Today I'm going to share about Kwanzaa! That's a celebration for the African-Americans in the United States which starts from tomorrow (26 December) to January the first!

Kwanzaa was created by Maulana Karenga who was a major figure in a Black Power movement from the 1960s to the 1970s. "Black Power" is a political slogan.

Anyway, Kwanzaa is to celebrate the culture and history of the African-Americans! According to wikipedia, a greeting is Joyous Kwanzaa.

And that is another holiday in December!

Oh that reminds me, on Thursday, I got to go to Vidhya's house which I named "The Jungle Book House".

I think calling it "The Jungle Book House" sounds like Mowgli has some headquarters there or something!

It was rather funny in the morning because I didn't know how to work the new iron my family bought recently.

And since there was no one at home, I ended up ironing my wrinkly t-shirt by aiming a hairdryer at the base of the iron and pushing it over the t-shirt!

Well, from my theory, the hairdryer should provide the heat and the iron can help press down the creases.

I'm pleased to say it worked out pretty okay!

Angela, Franky, Eva and Amanda came too so we got to watch Harry Potter and play scrabble.

There was even a point that Eva said she wanted to flip the board.

She did in the end.

Oh and Vidhya got me a book of Shakespeare's works so I thought I seemed rather smart carrying it home!

I'll finish it later.

We got to freak out over insects and we got addicted to watching this person make instant miniature food.

And what would a gathering be like without a dash of Snoopy Street Fair?

THE BAAAAAAAAARE NECESITIEEEEEEEEEEES!

That was to keep the post from getting boring!

Still, Happy Christmas to everyone! Pity I couldn't enjoy it as much as I would usually. I still have uncompleted homework and I'm kind of worried about it.

Next year, maybe I'll do it earlier.

Or maybe I'll just procrastinate again.

Have a great Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment